½ cup white (canneloni) beans: cooked or canned and rinsed
¼ cup red pepper – diced
¼ cup zucchini – grated
1 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp dried dill
½ tsp mustard powder
½ tsp mustard seeds
¼ cup white wine
1½ cloves garlic, 1 sliced.
1 slice multigrain bread
1 sprig parsley
- If using canned beans, rinse them. If using dried beans, cook them as per package directions.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Chop all vegetables required.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add canola oil.
- Add beans and 1 garlic clove, sliced and let them saute for 2 minutes. Let the garlic brown slightly.
- Add grated zucchini and red pepper. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until medium-soft texture.
- Add dried dill, mustard powder, mustard seeds and salt and mix them together.
- Saute them together for 1-2 mintues.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Turn heat down to low.
- Toast the bread.
- Slice garlic clove in half and rub cut-end onto the bread.
- Drizzle bread with olive oil
- Scoop bean and veggie mixture onto bread.
- Top with fresh parsley and adjust salt or pepper as desired.
- Serve warm on a pretty dish and enjoy!