1 salmon fillet (4oz)
1 cup cooked red quinoa (cook with broth and add 1 garlic clove, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper)
1/4 cup mango – diced
¼ cup edamame beans – boiled
¼ cup butternut squash – roasted
¼ cup broccoli – steamed or raw
¼ diced avocado
⅛ cup pickled ginger
1 tbsp white and black sesame seeds – toasted
1 tbsp canola oil
¼ cup chicken broth or water
Juice of 1 lemon slice
1 garlic clove
Wasabi Honey Dressing
¼ tsp wasabi paste
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp plain Yogurt
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp rice wine vinegar
½ tsp salt and pepper – to taste
Wash and chop all vegetables.
Make creamy honey wasabi dressing
Cook all ingredients according to the instructions noted above.
- Heat a dry pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add broth/water and canola oil to the pan and heat slightly.
- Gently add the salmon fillet, skin side down if using skin. Add lemon juice and garlic clove and let them simmer together for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook quinoa as per package directions and set it aside.
- Using a spoon, ladle broth in the pan over the salmon to cook the top. Gently flip the salmon and continue cooking until the salmon is fully cooked (internal temperature 145F).
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a beautiful bowl, place 1 cup quinoa. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Pour dressing over contents.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.