1 can white cannelini beans
2 garlic cloves – chopped
1 young onion, baby leek or sweet onion – chopped
1 small thin celery – chopped
1 bunch red Swiss chard – chopped small
1 cup vegetable (or chicken) broth
1/4 cup white wine
3 tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
2 tbsp Kosher salt
1 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
a good glug of Olive or Canola Oil (3 -4 tbsp)
- Wash all vegetables.
- Chop all vegetables.
- Heat a medium sized pan, on medium heat, with olive or canola oil.
- Add the garlic, onion, celery and Swiss chard to the pan.
- Let them simmer until wilted, about 10minutes.
- Add white wine and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, broth, salt and pepper. Simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes.
- Assessment #1: If the pan is dry, add more broth. Taste. You may now need to add more salt and/or pepper.
- Assessment #2: Does it taste like it’s happy together and the flavours have come together? If not, let it simmer. If yes, go to step 8.
- Remove from heat. Add freshly chopped parsley and stir.
- Place in a pretty dish and drizzle a small amount of good olive oil on top, if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!