1 can chickpeas (no salt added) – including the liquid
1 beet – roasted and at room temperature
1 lemon – juiced
1 lemon – zested
1/2 garlic scape
4 sprigs of fresh dill
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
- If you do not have roasted beets, then take the raw beet, wash it, cut it in quarters, wrap in foil and roast in the oven at 375F for 40min (until soft). Remove from foil and put in the fridge to cool before adding to the blender.
- Open the can of chickpeas.
- Wash and dry the garlic scape and dill.
- Get the blender out of the cupboard and in a comfortable working space.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste. Add more salt, pepper or lemon as you prefer.
- Place in a pretty dish and top with good olive oil and freshly cracked pepper.
- Enjoy with crackers and veggies!