- Rinse lentils.
- Chop onion and parsley
- Chop carrot
- Heat oil in a pot large enough to hold 12 cups fluids
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3minute
- Add chopped carrot, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add red lentils, cumin, curry powder, chili flakes or hot sauce, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add broth and pumpkin puree. Cover and simmer for about 30minutes, until red lentils are tender. They will fall apart and thicken the broth.
- Ladle into bowls and in each bowl, squeeze ½ tbsp lemon juice and sprinkle with ½ tbsp parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.